Easy links for citizens to find the various Departments of MCPW.



The supervision of all county construction projects.

345x260 Demo Image

About Us

Visit us to learn about the services provided by Mobile County Public Works.

Mobile County Office Plaza

Who Do I Call?

Who to call at MCPW with questions or concerns.

Building Permit Information

How to Obtain a Residential Permit

You must obtain a building permit from the municipality governing the area in which you will be performing the work. If your proposed work is in the following cities: Citronelle, Chickasaw, Saraland, Mobile, Prichard, Satsuma, Bayou La Batre, Creola, Dauphin Island, or Mount Vernon, you must obtain a building from that municipality.

All other areas in Mobile county must obtain a building permit from:

1110 Schillinger Road N., Suite 100
Mobile, AL 36608

building permit

We hope you enjoy the new Public Works website and are able to easily find what you need. If not, please contact us...we are happy to assist.